Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bow River Fishing Report (Country & Western version) - from Aug 06, 2012

Photo, Copyright Bow River Shuttles All Rights Reserved 2012

- THANKS TO RON E. FOR ONE OF THE MOST CREATIVE FISHING REPORTS WE HAVE EVER RECEIVED!  

We're just thankful he finally got the Werther's Originals and the note.

From: Ron E.
Sent: August-09-12 12:44 PM
To: 'Bow River Shuttles'
Subject: fishing report

Michelle

Our trip on Monday was great from the standpoint of a pleasant day on the river – except for.....

• My anchor disappeared to the bottom....the clevis broke.
• My dog was impaled by a Bow River Bugger...extraction successful with only one dog bite.
• Tried every combination of fly, nymph and streamer and only got one fish on....and not landed.
• My brother fell in the river and filled his waders........strained back dragging him out of river.
• Wind blew all casts back in our face.....no matter what direction we cast.
• I wrenched my leg in the washed out boat launch at Carseland......thank god for Advil.
• The car service didn’t leave a nice note and candies as usual........I guess they ran out.

Therefore, the best thing about the day is that I have a great set of lyrics for a Country and Western song!

It is all good.

Cheers

Ron


From: Ron E.
Sent: August-10-12 12:47 PM
To: 'Bow River Shuttles'
Subject: fishing report

Michelle

Great news. I found the candies and note. My passenger hid them on me! You are off the hook........and I have to come up with another line for my country and western song.

Cheers

Ron

No comments: