Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Best Bud

Sunday April 24
Policeman’s Flats to McKinnon Flats.

Sunday's float was great! The weather cooperated nicely as did the rainbows. (no browns landed today) The water clarity seemed a little poor at the Policeman's launch but oddly enough seemed to improve as we moved downstream.

Until we got to the Highwood which was coming in extremely dirty. At this point I rowed all the way to McKinnon to be home in time for dinner.

There was some midge activity on the surface, but we only ever saw one rise all day. The big winner was a brown chenille worm which accounted for most of the seven or so rainbows that my son Cameron was able to bring to the net. (with as many given a long distance release) The largest fish topped the 20" mark with the rest all hovering around the 16" range.

All in all it was a great day to be on the water with my best bud!

What makes each trip so enjoyable is knowing that my truck will be waiting for me safe and sound when the day is done. Thanks again Michelle!

THANKS TO LINDSAY B. for this report and the pics.

Photos: Lindsay B.

No comments: