Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hoey: Learning to fly fish the Bow River is easier than you think

Superguide Terry Johnson of Fish Tales Fly Shop in Calgary preparing for the next pool. Photo, courtesy D'Arcy Vandergucht/Calgary Herald,

Hoey: Learning to fly fish the Bow River is easier than you think

by Jim Hoey, Calgary Herald, March 27, 2015

I grew up fly-fishing. I am a Calgarian and I was raised by the Bow River. I know how special it is.


I am always interested in getting people involved in learning about and trying the fine sport of fly-fishing. So many people saw the great Robert Redford film “A River Runs Through It “and think, ‘wow I will never be able to do something like that’. In actuality you do not begin casting 100 feet of line. You begin much more humbly and it is not nearly as difficult as it looks.

Read more here: http://bit.ly/1bP9sk3

No comments: