Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hot, 29 degrees outside and the fishing was the same


Hey Michelle, and crew. Thanks for the great service again, you even got my vehicle down to Fish creek 1 hour sooner than I first needed.

A couple quick notes on the day: Hot, 29 degrees outside and the fishing was the same.


I am not going to put out any numbers but I will say that the drift we did on Saturday was one of the best I have ever had.

One bank we bombed with hoppers was nuts, literally every second cast we either had a fish or missed a fish or saw one miss our fur, feathers and foam. We landed four off that one short corner and missed a good hand full of others.

All decent fish on Saturday in the 16"-22" range.



All fish were on drys and I hate to say it but the hot fly of the day was a good old Adams, high and dry.

The river looked great and this was the first drift we had done since just before runoff and it made me wonder why I drive to the higher rivers sometimes!



The Bow River
Glenmore Tr/Graves Landing to 22X/Fish Creek Park
Saturday Aug 27 2011

THANK YOU TO ERIC M.( Blue Ribbon Explorer) FOR THIS FISHING REPORT AND PHOTOS!

No comments: