Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Bow River Fishing Report - from Wed Aug 27 2013

Photo, Bow River Shuttles All rights reserved 2013

Bow River Fishing Report - from Wed Aug 27 2013

THANKS TO STEPHEN S. FOR THIS REPORT!

Policeman's Flats - McKinnon Flats

The fishing was excellent today.

Tried foam hoppers with a dropper for a while to no avail. Stone flies could be seen drying on the rocks but fish were not interested in stone flies.


A nice hatch of tricos but no rising activity for them.

The ticket was a weighted prince's nymph paired with a copper john #16, a staple for me this time of year. A lot of hook ups. I lost many with one or two hands on the paddle.

I always have better to the net luck when I stop and work the holes but today I meandered down casual and didn't stop.

Best fish was a 20 inch rainbow. I saw his dorsal fin as he sipped the surface while drifting so I dropped anchor and cast into the seam where he was feeding. Made a couple of nice runs and some fine aerobatics!

The "Never ignore a feeding fish" axiom held true once again.

All rainbows, the ones that made the net anyway.

The wind changed direction often, seemingly with each bend in the river. The Highwood put in with a little color but not with the mud that the dredging was producing a couple of weeks back yet the fishing was still better above.

On the river 9:30 AM - 3:20 PM

No comments: