Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fly Fusion

I really enjoyed the lead article in the current issue of Fly Fusion Magazine – “The Meaning of Water”. Understanding water, especially from the fish’s point of view, is the glue that pulls it all together for the fly fisher.

The cover shot of the mag was very cool. My teenage grandson had to take a second look. He initially thought it was a photo of a soldier! The story that went with it – “Snow Day” – showed the determination of a fly fisher who was driven to succeed, regardless. The commentary reminded me of some of my experienced fly fishing clients, who describe “hunting” for trout.

I always enjoy Jim McLennan’s Watermark article. In this case, “Fair Weather Angling” actually complements the “Snow Day” story.

Fly Fusion is available at your favourite Calgary fly shop.

Have you read any of the articles? Let me know your thoughts. Just click on “Comments”.

No comments: